Sunday, July 31, 2011

Grimspace (Sirantha Jax #1) by Ann Aguirre

Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, #1)Grimspace by Ann Aguirre


"It hurts, but then, what doesn't? Pain proves that we're alive, gives us the ability to appreciate pleasure - everything in balance, everything in it's time."

I complained about this book being in first person, being a genre that I'm not used to reading, and being full of all world building and no information. But - I couldn't get this book off my brain. I thought about it constantly when I wasn't reading it...and that's what I loved about this book. When you read Grimspace, you ARE Sirantha Jax. You are in her head and know what she knows. You hear her inner monologue, experience her pain, and go through her confusion (and believe me, there's a lot of confusion!).

As the book unfolds I became more and more attached. When characters died, or almost died, I gasped or teared up. I felt a connection with Jax's constant struggle and her seriously low sense of self worth after the crash. She has been brought down as low as she thought she could go, and then the world takes her a little lower.

I also loved March (of course!) and his almost Barrons-esque vibe. And Dina's barbs were awesome. I laughed out loud at a few lines in this book. I am in love with a few of the other side characters as well, but I'll let you discover them for yourself.

All in all, sigh, I LOVED this book and feel a little haunted by it now that I'm done. It was supposed to be a filler between books in another series...but mayyybbbeee I can just read one more Sirantha Jax book........

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...