Sunday, July 31, 2011

Storm Born (Dark Swan #1) by Richelle Mead





I really enjoyed this book! After reading (most of) Mead's Vampire Academy I didn't really know what to expect from this series, but it was totally different and unique! This was clearly an adult novel with no ties to VA at all. The only similarities I saw in the writing was the obvious talent Mead has for writing in first person POV without making me annoyed with the main character.


I loved Kiyo, but dammit he has some things working against him doesn't he? I can't forgive his "baggage" as easily as Eugenie does (seriously, who gives that name to a main character??? lol) but I see the major sex appeal. I feel awful for poor Dorian though, he is clearly the underdog in winning Eugenie's affections even tough he is a powerful gentry king! I am interested to see what will happen in the next book in the series! Everyone keeps poo-pooing Kiyo, so I MUST read how it gets so much worse! I still need some more...I don't know, oomph?...from Dorian though for him to completely win me over.


All in all, this is shaping up to be a great series and a perfect read coming off of the Downside Ghosts series for me. I seem to be on a magic kick lately, and the next installment of Kate Daniels will just keep it rolling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...