Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: Book Covers You'd Live In

Top 5 Wednesday is a group of bloggers, booktubers and bookstagrammers posting on a common topic every (you guessed it) Wednesday. You can find the lists by searching #T5W or Top 5 Wednesday. And you can join the group on Goodreads if you want to participate.

This week's topic is:
Book Covers You'd Live In

Gretl's Top 5

23281944 25250449

5. The Midnight, Texas series by Charlaine Harris
I feel like you could walk in to these covers and magically find yourself in Midnight, though I think you'd have to read the book to be convinced that it was a good idea. They're kind of creepy.

23382825 25107564

4. The Genie McQueen series by Sierra Dean
Do I actually want to live in the Louisiana bayou with a bunch of werewolves? Probably not, but these covers make it look like a great idea. So pretty!

20645261 15788727

3. The Kraken King by Meljean Brook
This book was originally published as an eight part serial. Each part had its own gorgeous cover and together they transport you to gorgeous cities with dirigibles flying overhead.

25610486 27067564

2. The Nocturne Falls series by Kristen Painter
In Nocturne Falls, every day is Halloween so of course I want to live there. I love that the covers in this series capture the kitchy theme but each also shows a different part of the town including the great antebellum homes.

12958037 20556439

1. The Chicagoland Vampires series by Chloe Neill
I actually have lived in Chicago and often wish that I still did. Some of the covers in this series really capture the feel of the city for me.

Rose Red's Top 5



5. The Bear and the Nightingale Series by Katherine Arden
I'm not sure if I'd want to live in the world Arden made long-term but I want to visit it. Those covers are straight up what I'd imagine seeing in a Russian fairy tale world.



4. The Chronicles of the Unhewn Throne by Brian Staveley
 I've been kind of obsessed with these covers since I first saw them. I want to visit Staveley's world of monks, giant hawk riding ninja assassins, and death priestesses. This world is harsh and dangerous but it would be worth it to see all the sights described in this series.



3. The Ancient Magus' Bride Series by Kore Yamazaki
I just saw the first three episodes of this manga's anime adaptation and I'm kind of obsessed with it. The world of Yamazaki's Magus' Bride is full of equal parts whimsy and the mundane and dark in with the light. It's everything with its fairies and dragons and magic. I just want to go there and see everything!



2. The Witchlands Series by Susan Dennard
 I want to visit this land of witches and magic and pirates! The covers are too beautiful to not want to go there!

 
1. The Wayfarers Series by Becky Chambers
I've always been intrigued by space travel and have always wanted to be on a space ship seeing everything the universe has to offer. I totally blame Treasure Planet, Titan A.E., and Firefly my interstellar wanderlust. Can you imagine how happy I'd be if I could live in the gorgeous covers of Becky Chambers's books? The sights would be amazing!

Which book covers would you live in?

  and

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...