Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: Second Book is Best

Top 5 Wednesday is a group of bloggers, booktubers and bookstagrammers posting on a common topic every (you guessed it) Wednesday. You can find the lists by searching #T5W or Top 5 Wednesday. And you can join the group on Goodreads if you want to participate.


Second Book is Best
We recently posted our top 5 series that got better
This topic is about which series were best in the middle.


5. The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
I'll be honest now. I adored the whole Queen's Thief series but there is something about The Queen of Attolia that makes it so much better than the rest. Maybe it's the shocking event that happens in the first ten pages or Eugenides struggles, but it was an astonishingly amazing book in a fantastic series. -Rose Red


4. The Friend Zone by Kristen Callihan
I enjoyed the whole Game On series but Gray and Ivy's book was the best one I've read so far. I loved their interactions and their romance so much more than the other couples. I will put a disclaimer here that I haven't read the lastest book yet but, as of the time of this post, this is my favorite. -Rose Red


3. The Warrior Vampire by Kate Baxter
 I have a love/hate relationship with this series. I enjoyed the first book. Loved the second one. Disliked the third one. And have had no motivation to read the latest two. For me the series peaked at book two. Naya and Ronan's book was just fun, sexy, and just plain great. If all the books in the series had been like this one, I would still be reading it. -Rose Red
(For a slightly different take on this series, see our Series That Got Better post. Link at the top of the page. -Gretl)

23281944

2. Day Shift by Charlaine Harris
This second book of the trilogy starts to reveal some of the town's secrets and turns up the paranormal elements. It also introduces a character I loved from the Sookie series. Book three, by comparison, was a slow starter and even though there were things I loved about it, I didn't love it as much.  -Gretl

24402674

1. Dark Heart of Magic by Jennifer Estep
I'm not saying that either of the other books in the Black Blade trilogy are bad, just that this one is my favorite. This is the one with the Tournament of Blades which is just the best thing ever. Book three wraps up all of the plot threads but doesn't achieve the same level of awesome. -Gretl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...