Thursday, February 22, 2018

Books I Know I'll Love But Haven't Read Yet


Have you ever had a friend or another book enthusiast describe a book to you and you immediately knew you were going to love that book? Then you go out and buy it and don't get around to reading it for awhile but when you do pick it up you end up loving it as much or more than you thought you would? I have totally done this! Honestly, I think all bookworms have at some point in their lives.

I was recently watching some Booktube videos and Jesse from JessetheReader had made a video all about some of the books he had on his shelves that he knows he's going love but he just hasn't read them yet. It got me curious so I went through my TBR pile for ten books I've bought recently that fit in this category and it reminded me that I have some books that I just know I'll love once I finally get around to reading them. Let's talk about the ones I found, shall we?

 

Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell

It's a steampunk Cinderella retelling. How could I not love this one?


Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

I was sold on this book the minute someone described this as Indiana Jones meets Tomb Raider IN SPACE! It might just be me but I'm more likely to pick something up when it's described as some of my favorite things in space.


Invictus by Ryan Graudin

This was described to me by my Best Friend as the "time-traveling Firefly book with a red panda that I never knew I needed" and I totally dig that tagline.


These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

I had a blogging friend describe this to me years ago as Titanic in space and I immediately went and bought it.  I still haven't read it but I know I'm going to love it when I finally do.


A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess

I've had this book described to me as a reverse harem novel that turns the chosen one trope on its head. And I am here for it! Add in the fact that it has magic and an alternate Victorian London setting and it's like catnip for my soul.


The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie

I fell in love with book once Gretl told me that it's "a pirate book with Jurassic Park-style created Kaiju developed to defend countries and ships."

 

The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman

One of my good blogging friends described this one to me as "an alternate Regency Era Buffy with demons by the author of Eon" and I was instantly sold on it. Seriously. I could read alternate history books set in Regency or Victorian England all day long.


Want by Cindy Pon
This is one of the books I'm so sad I didn't get to in 2017. My friend, Jessie, described it to me as "a high-stakes futuristic sci-fi thriller that ties in the reality of climate change set in Taipei". Add that to all the good things I've heard about it from other bloggers and I need to read this book ASAP. Also, can we appreciate that the cover hasn't been whitewashed and actually has an Asian main character on it?

 

Warcross by Marie Lu

It's a book about a video game written by Marie Lu about a bounty hunter heroine with rainbow hair. What more do I need to know about it?


Murder, Magic, and What We Wore by Kelly Jones

Oh, look! Another alternate Regency England book with magic and a murder mystery! It's not a surprise anymore that I love these kind of books, is it?

What books have you bought recently that you haven't read yet but know you'll love?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...